Wednesday 6 June 2012

Sigh - Imaginary Sonicscape

To be honest, I'm still kind of sitting here with my jaw drooping after hearing this album. It really did a number on my expectations regarding what I might hear when I listen to something that calls itself 'black-metal'. For one thing, it starts off sounding a lot like what you might hear on classic heavy metal albums from a certain period in the 1980s. The guitar work especially brought to mind bands like King Diamond and a little bit of Iron Maiden (and yes, that was both a surprise, and a welcome one at that). And then, it just goes...well, I really do highly recommend that you just check it out for yourself because, no matter what you may or may not expect to hear and what label you may or may not put on this record, it really is quite fabulous!

Listen

No comments:

Post a Comment